Thursday, July 25, 2013

Edamame Seasoning Recipe


When our little family moved from Kansas to Oklahoma a few years ago, I assumed it wouldn't be much different than my home state. I mean its only a hop, skip and a jump away from my home town!  In the beginning it wasn't different at all, just a new place to call home! After almost four years I still have only found a few things I could write home about. 
One thing that's different.... Or maybe I lived in a bubble back home... Is Edamame. I had NEVER heard of such a thing before now. Maybe there are others that don't know about it to! If that's the case, let me fill you in :-). Edamame is soybeans in the pod! At first, I thought it was odd watching people eat them like you would a sunflower seed. Then, I tried one and now I'm hooked! It's a great healthy snack, fills you up and it's actually pretty tasty (seasoned of course)!
I first started preparing the edamame with a seasoning recipe my friends shared with me.... Basically a garlic and salt combo. But I wanted something more, something with more flavor and a little spice!
I came up with my own recipe and love it!

I use the Pictsweet Brand... It's a 13oz bag of deliciousness! (With my seasoning of course)


Seasoning mix:
Combine in a small bowl...

 Heat edamame as directed on bag, pour seasoning over pods, shake and enjoy! 
A healthy and spicy treat!
*Note: only eat the soybeans NOT the pod ;-)
Enjoy!

Like my fan page!


No comments:

Post a Comment