Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Reason and The Purpose

My name is Ashley, I am a mother of 3 beautiful children (but who isn't partial to their own!). My beautiful daughter, Alexis, 8; handsome son, Matthew Jr., 5; and little cutie baby Dylan who is already 2. 
I was a strong-willed, outspoken, wild and crazy teen that learned quickly it was time to grow up when I became pregnant with my daughter. My life became our life and it was changed forever. 
I did things a little backwards according to "normal" standards but I believe it molded me into a better person and continues to do so daily. 
I became a mom first and a wife second. I just recently married my wonderful husband in March of this year, 2013, and my life changed again. This time it was completed and became "our little life" as I call it. 
I discovered I have referred to Matt (my husband), myself and our three children as "our little life" for years... In Facebook photo albums, Facebook status', picture captions, scrapbook pages I've created.... the list goes on. Finally it occurred to me how much I valued that title when we took family pictures last month and I handmade the props we used in our pictures. I bet you can't guess what they said?!?
I wanted the most perfect caption painted on wood to describe our family. I thought about it for weeks! "Our Happily Ever After" NO! "Our Fairy Tale" NO! "Our Lovely Life" NO! "Our Story" No, No, NO! They all sounded so cheesy, so make believe, definitely didn't describe us, and were no where near the perfect caption!
I remember sitting by the pool, thinking about my husband, the kids and how happy I was. I was reminiscing the events of the last week which flowed into the last month then into the last few months and trickled down to the last year! I was smiling just thinking about it all and it occurred to me that my thoughts revolved around one thing...."Our Little Life!" 
Lightbulb!!! That would be my caption for our family pictures!! I loved it! It fit perfectly and summed up all of my thoughts, my memories, the crazy ups and downs, the laughing, the tears... Everything! 
Looking at those pictures, with my well put together caption, has made me realize how much I value "our little life" and how eager I am to share it with others. The great and sometimes even the not so great trials and tribulations of raising a family and being a wife! That is the essence of my blog! I want to inspire, give advice, teach others new things and offer learning experiences for families and fellow moms. Maybe my thoughts will be helpful, maybe they won't! But I will sure enjoy telling about the one thing I value most! You guessed it..... "Our Little Life!"

Like my fan page!

Photo by: Jenny Rollins Blink of an Eye Photography,  Tulsa Ok

No comments:

Post a Comment