Thursday, July 25, 2013

Music to Soothe the Soul

Any time I'm stressed, nervous, anxious, happy, sad, enjoying company, cleaning house, excited or even just because, I'm listening to music. All types. But lately I have found comfort in country music. My husband refers to my playlist as "man hating music" but I don't see it ;-) I listen to that same play list even when I'm enjoying my day AND him!
So to prove my point, which I do often, I combine some of my favorite "man hating" country songs to give them a little twist. I did this to prove to Matt I'm not always thinking negatively when listening to my playlist. 
My creation made him smile AND I proved my point :-)
So, here is what I created, feel free to share with your husband as your own to also prove your own point :-) because its not ALL negative!

Before you say he's a "white liar" or you wanna "dig two." Ask him "Baby, what are we becoming? It feels just like we're always runnin'." 

And before you've decided, "I'm giving up on love, cuz loves given up on me!"  Remember, "there's a want and there's a need, there's a history between."

And when you wanna tell him,  "And my heart won't tell my mind to tell my mouth what it should say..." Remember, "Every long lost dream lead me to where you are... This much I know is true, that God blessed the  broken road, that lead me straight to you."

Before you start to rant, "Any many of mine..." Remember, "You better get a grip and bite your lip, just to save a little face."

And when your saying to yourself, "I'm goin' home, gonna load my shot gun." Stop to tell yourself, "Remember when we didn't have nothin' but a perfect simple kinda lovin'."

And when you tell your girls, "He looks like a cool drink of water but he's candy coated misery." Remember how he whispered, "I wanna call you mine, Wanna hold your hand forever and never let you forget it."

Because you KNOW he's thinking, "I finally got all my priorities in line and I'm right where I need to be." "Cuz I've got a woman who's better then most and I made a mess of her plans, but starting today all I'm gonna be is her man."

Like my fan page!


No comments:

Post a Comment