Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Craft Room Organization on a Budget

Craft Room Organization on A Budget

Phase 1:

My crafting and scrapbooking room was far from organized and needed a face lift....

BEFORE

I had started the organizing process once before then we moved and everything just slowly piled up, unorganized chaos! Nothing had a specific place so it was just thrown wherever. Talk about an eye sore!

Over the years I have accumulated several plastic storage bins and purchased a few extras at Dollar Tree and began sorting through my supplies.

I labeled each bin using scrap pieces of scrapbook paper I already had on hand and permanent marker..


I secured the labels with tape to save time.


I had already designed a peg board I acquired from scraps left by old renters at my previous house. It now hangs on the wall in my craft room.

I used scrapbook paper and Modge Podge to cover up the yucky brown colored board and finished it with ribbon weaved in and out of the peg holes around the edges.

I purchased hooks of various sizes from Walmart for cheap.

During a few of my sale shopping days I picked up several small tin buckets for $0.25 each.


I ordered 40 adhesive chalk board stickers and a liquid chalk marker from Amazon.com for less than $10


And labeled each bucket accordingly..


The boxes pictured above were Valentines Day themed gift boxes I purchased for $0.10 each after the holiday and covered with paper/Modge Podge scraps left over from the peg board facelift.

One great thing about holding on to "potentially useful" items is being able to transform your space several times without spending MORE money..

I had Rubbermaid closet organizing shelves from years ago that I utilized in this tiny space.

This 10x10 space needed to hold all my crafting and scrapbooking supplies as well as gift bags, kids games and extra holiday items for goodie bags and such. I needed floor room and more shelving!

I used the hanging rod from my Rubbermaid shelving and white hangers for gift bag organization and easier access for those last minute gift ideas..


I sorted the bags by color/holiday and I was done!

I've had enough for one day and will tackle the rest of my organizing project next week!

Stay tuned for Phase 2 and project completion! I can't wait to share more tips on transforming your craft room on a budget!











No comments:

Post a Comment