Friday, August 16, 2013

Sale Shopping Secrets Saturday


Frankly, this week I have been so busy with work that sale shopping was put on the back burner :-(

Talk about a stressful week! Work, work and more work with no retail therapy?! That's recipe for disaster!

No worries I still have plenty of secrets to share. The next best thing to actually shopping is reminiscing on shopping.

Our little town we live in only has one place to shop... Good 'ole DG.

Dollar General that is!

Some may laugh but others may find this secret helpful! Especially if your the type of mom aspiring to be the best room parent at school or the latest Pinterest sensation.... All while keeping a budget!

I comb the aisles of DG on two occasions... After major holidays and between seasons.

Have you ever tried putting together goody bags for classroom parties ON A BUDGET?! It's difficult when paying full price to please 24+ kids. Each bag can easily cost $5 or more..

Unless you plan ahead... A year :-)

DG practically gives away their seasonal items after the holiday. Cheap just got cheaper! 

Valentine's Day cards, Halloween decorations, Easter basket fillers and all the goodies to send to school sell for pennies!

(Treat bags for Valentine's Day 10 cents a pack)

Christmas is my favorite time to shop...after the holiday of course! 

I buy table runners and decorations for the house dirt cheap. Even gift sets are on sale. My house looks like a freakin' winter wonderland every year and my favorite part is always having new stuff to display each year and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg :-)

Just take off the tacky yellow and black sticker and no one knows its from the DOLLAR STORE :-) 

How do I store it all, you ask?!

Well after every holiday the color coated totes are also ON SALE! Makes organizing your holiday items that much easier!!

Don't blame me when you didn't plan ahead and your assigned treat bags for a school function :-). You're welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment