Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mini Mommy Wednesdays


If you ever need words of wisdom, talk to your children.

The things my kids, especially my daughter, say have made me stop and think on more than one occasion.

They have empowered me to be a better person for myself and them.

Having children young can be a burden for some but for me it was truly a blessing and they show me that daily.

My daughter, Lexi, loves leaving me little notes. So to encourage that communication we sat down and made a journal and called it "Mommy and Me." She leaves little notes, poems and silly messages and I reply.

(This is also one of the sale items I picked up cheap. A notebook ready to decorate)

Making this journal sparked Lexi's interest in writing and expanded her communication skills. 

We then created another fun way for the entire family to get involved. We hung mailboxes and street signs between the kids' rooms.

        (Another inexpensive sale find)

Our two oldest enjoy finding their flag up and checking their mail. We leave cute notes and color fun pictures for them and they do the same. Sometimes when they get in trouble they send "hate" mail about never coming out of their rooms again. It makes me chuckle. Somedays that's fine by me :-)

Today's note came with Lexi's little words of wisdom and purity and as always melted my heart.


Knowing I started a blog, she titled her poem Our Little Life :-)

She wrote about the sad days, the mad days and the happy days. She talked about feeling protected and ended her little poem with her P.S. words of wisdom....

Love is something you should always believe in.

She included a necklace that she made for me and says I Love You. She also deemed today "Mini Mommy Wednesday" and plans to pamper me with her little creations every week :-)

My kids make all the life struggles and everyday battles seem meaningless.

The mountains immediately change to mole hills. 

There is nothing in life greater than the love from a child.


Rate me here:

Like our fan page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment