Thursday, August 8, 2013

Potty Training Shenanigans Part 2

Part 2:

Over the weekend Dylan and I took some time off from our toilet adventures to allow him and I a chance to regroup and start fresh Monday morning. 

Soo....

Monday comes and the porcelain throne starts calling Dyl's name again! During our break, I was able to get a potty chair for the little man.... Thinking that would be the solution to all our problems and Dylan would magically start peeing in "his" toilet. 

WRONG!!

I bring it home, make a huge production about having a "surprise" for Dylan. All three kids gather around eager to see the surprise.... I pull  it out and the look on the kids faces, especially Dylan's, was priceless!

Apparently Dylan had seen a ghost on his potty chair because he immediately took off running the opposite direction and refused to even LOOK in the bathroom to see HIS new potty chair. He looked like he was going to cry... I had to go back to the drawing board AGAIN because this kid wouldn't budge! 

I search my craft room for inspiration and came up with a brilliant idea! I decided to allow Dylan free rein over his chair! I bring out a book of stickers... Get him all excited and we head to the bathroom...

Dylan goes to town, sticker after sticker.... Strategically placing them all over his throne! He even sat on it in his diaper WITHOUT tears!! I let the sticker extravaganza continue awhile then I take the extras away. 

I tell him he can have more when he uses the toilet like a big boy..... His reply, "No v'way"  

Back to the drawing board I went.....

I call for back up! I summoned the "daddy" powers of persuasion.... By now the entire family including the dogs are in the bathroom attempting to coax Dyl to the potty! (We entertain easily I suppose). Even Matthew, who is 5, offered to show him how it's done!     

Guess what?!?!




STILL NO LUCK :-/

I gave up for the day... First thing Wednesday morning I picked up some "Spy-mEEan" underwear and started in again. 

Come home, make a big production, get Dylan ALL excited for a surprise (apparently he forgot how ridiculous the last surprise was!) pull out the package of underwear... Dyl sees the superheroes all over and goes NUTS! Jerks the package from my hands and goes straight into pretend mode, making action packed noises and using his package as a prop while fighting off imaginary bad guys.... Then I open the package...

Dyl snaps back to reality and the fun is over :-/

He carried his new underwear around the house for hours before I could convince him to try them on... I think he knew what was to follow...

He chose The Avengers to cover his cute little booty and pranced all around the house showing off his new undies..... I wait a bit and start in again... "Dyl, do you need to potty?!" 


Go ahead and just guess what his reply was!!!

He blew through his new undies, one accident at a time, and still resisted the potty chair questions and the sticker/candy bribes.

These "Potty Training Shenanigans" have now consumed my thoughts! Don't worry dear child, mommy doesn't give up that easy!! I haven't pulled out all the stops just yet! I accept your challenge and will conquer! 

Fortunately, for him, mommy is scheduled at the job the next few days so he will have a little extra R&R.... You're welcome :-)

Be watching for Part 3 of these shenanigans!! 

Third times a charm, right?!?!

Also, be sure to like my fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment